On the topic of transitioning, I think Jonathan was super easy in terms of transitioning from the bottle to the sippy cup. We started giving him milk in a sippy cup Thanksgiving day and at first he squawked (seconds only) as if to say whats this cup and where's my bottle but he would pick it up and drink the entire thing. Each day the squawks got smaller and smaller and 2 days later he was taking the cup with no squeaks involved. The other day I accidentally opened the cabinet that holds his bottles (Jonathan was in my arms) and thought for sure he'd have a melt down but he either didn't notice or he just didn't care. I really think that he enjoyed the bottle so much because it had a soft rubbery nipple much like that of the pacifier. Hopefully he's just as easy to potty train but we have a little longer before that occurs.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Early Mornings
Josh started his overnight rotation last night so it was just Jonathan and I here and guess who got a beautiful, wondrous wake up call at 5:45 am this morning?! You'd be correct...ME! I have absolutely no idea what's up with the little one lately. He's been waking up 30 minutes to an hour earlier than usual. At any rate we got up, changed our duds, had breakfast, and this is Jonathan thoroughly engrossed in the Wiggles.
The kiddo loves most anything (even the cooking channel) but he really enjoys the Wiggles - sad I know. Notice the pacifier in his mouth - he's been really good without it and could care less but we noticed he's getting his left 1st top molar now and when he's teething he loves to chew on them. Whatever keeps the kiddo happy!
On the topic of transitioning, I think Jonathan was super easy in terms of transitioning from the bottle to the sippy cup. We started giving him milk in a sippy cup Thanksgiving day and at first he squawked (seconds only) as if to say whats this cup and where's my bottle but he would pick it up and drink the entire thing. Each day the squawks got smaller and smaller and 2 days later he was taking the cup with no squeaks involved. The other day I accidentally opened the cabinet that holds his bottles (Jonathan was in my arms) and thought for sure he'd have a melt down but he either didn't notice or he just didn't care. I really think that he enjoyed the bottle so much because it had a soft rubbery nipple much like that of the pacifier. Hopefully he's just as easy to potty train but we have a little longer before that occurs.
On the topic of transitioning, I think Jonathan was super easy in terms of transitioning from the bottle to the sippy cup. We started giving him milk in a sippy cup Thanksgiving day and at first he squawked (seconds only) as if to say whats this cup and where's my bottle but he would pick it up and drink the entire thing. Each day the squawks got smaller and smaller and 2 days later he was taking the cup with no squeaks involved. The other day I accidentally opened the cabinet that holds his bottles (Jonathan was in my arms) and thought for sure he'd have a melt down but he either didn't notice or he just didn't care. I really think that he enjoyed the bottle so much because it had a soft rubbery nipple much like that of the pacifier. Hopefully he's just as easy to potty train but we have a little longer before that occurs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment