Saturday, December 20, 2008

Nap Time

A few weeks ago Jonathan started giving us hints that he was ready to be converted to one nap a day. Often times it would take him 30 to 45 minutes to fall asleep and he was only sleeping 45-60 minutes per nap. More often than not when we put him down he would look at us like "you want me to nap...OK but I'm going to play first." So I decided at the beginning of the week that Saturday was the day we would make the attempt and he did pretty good considering.

He woke up at his normal time (6:45 am) and did wonderful until noonish. We went out and about with Nana and Aunt Caitlyn so we didn't get home until about 1:30 pm - a little later than I had planned but in the end it all worked out. At this point he hadn't had lunch so I was debating, lunch or nap. He had fallen asleep in the car so I went with the whole nap thing and that was a bust. 2 o'clock I got him up, gave him lunch, played until 3 pm, and then down for nap we went. He was out like a light and slept until 5 pm. We were headed upstairs to wake him when we heard him chattering. I was afraid of how he'd go down come bedtime - 30 minutes later he was out.

All and all I'd say today was a pretty easy day. Jonathan doesn't have melt downs like some kiddos have when their exhausted. I'm sure when he gets older the melt downs will come, but right now we seem to be pretty blessed with a playful, tired boy. Hopefully tomorrow will go just as smooth, if not a little smoother. I'm in hopes to have him down by noon and hope he'll sleep for a few solid hours. Just another step to transforming from baby to toddler. OY how time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment