Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow Day - Yippee

I awoke this morning to the most beautiful sound - my cell phone at 5 am! Any other day and I would have been furious but today....today was my co-worker informing me that there is no school in our area today due to snow, which is mostly freezing rain and ice. Of course, once I hung up the phone Josh and I were both awake. We made several attempts to fall back asleep, however when you live on a main road in a city like Brewer all you hear at 5 am are the snow plows, sidewalk plows and sanders. Our landlord graced us with his presence at 6 am to plow. I'm not exactly sure why other than to create a glassy sheet of ice for us. At any rate it's nice to be home and spend ALL DAY with Josh and Jonathan. I can't remember the last time we were both home from work, all day to do nothing and everything together. Josh was scheduled to work over time at the basketball game tonight, yet if there's no school that means no after school activities so we're really home all day together!

I am supposed to have an eye doctors appointment this afternoon. Would you believe I haven't been in almost 8 years! I've been experiencing some extreme migraines and have difficulty reading from a distance. I'd say it's time for a new prescription wouldn't you? Hopefully they are open and I can keep my appointment otherwise my reschedule date will be the end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment