Monday, March 2, 2009

More Daycare Drama

I talked to daycare this evening to her an update on how Jonathan is doing - no better, no worse. The babe still coughs and his nose still runs. Apparently with the snow storm today she spent a lot of time looking up RSV on the Internet and read that incubation should be 10-14 days. This means Jonathan can't go back until Monday of next week (according to her, he's had his symptoms for 8 days now), unless his nose is completely dry and his cough is nonexistent. This leaves me pretty frustrated. Not only do we have to pay for daycare (while he's absent) but I'll either need to take the entire week off or we find someone to babysit him and pay them as well. Why not, I mean we're totally made of money (sense the extreme sarcasm). Just another hurdle for us to jump.

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. I hope Jonathan feels better soon! Poor guy :(

    I seriously hope the daycare director didn't JUST figure out the RSV incubation period. If so, she has no right even being in charge of a daycare!!! Thats just rediculous!
    RSV is extremely contagious and very serious (especially for the little babies). I've seen kids admitted to the hospital for months because of it, so I can see why they aren't letting Jonathan come back for a while, but they certainly shouldn't be making you guys pay for the dayshe's not there!!!

    ReplyDelete