Friday, March 27, 2009

Need I say more?

Mr. Man playing outside in the sunshine!

Thursday couldn't have been more of a perfect day. We packed A LOT into the afternoon/evening but everything worked out perfectly. Josh had CPR re-certification training yesterday at 1p. Once training had commenced he was asked to report to work in uniform (meaning travel time to and from Brewer) due to an unfortunate set of circumstances. Jonathan and I got home about 4p and played outside for a good 30 minutes. As you can see from the picture above he was in his glory! Grampy Dyer and Auntie Hannah came over to visit until about 530p and then I was off. Cousin Kayla graciously watched Jonathan (don't be mad Nana it just worked out that this was easiest for us...sorry) so I could run dinner over to baby Ava's mommy and daddy. I happily welcomed the opportunity to cradle baby Ava allowing her parents a moment to eat dinner and nourish themselves. I remember those days - without the help of so many gracious family and friends we would never would have found time to eat or shower for that matter. It was about 7p when I passed off the little babe to mommy (Taryn) and headed home to put Jonathan to bed. Josh was still at work! Once home it was the sweetest thing ever. Little man jumped out of Kayla's lap, ran to my arms, and within moments drifted off to dreamland. It was 8 o'clock when Josh was able to get home and we headed off to dinner. I was exhausted physically, Josh was exhausted mentally but we needed this dinner time together, away from home. Lots and lots packed in but everything worked out wonderfully, well, as wonderfully as it could of.

My heart is full of sadness for the families that Josh has been working with and also for baby Stellan's Family. Recently I had posted about some of the difficulties that surround this beautiful little boy. To date he is still struggling, holding on by God's grace, but hanging in there as best he can. It is my understanding that he will be undergoing a procedure sometime today to obtain some sort of new line (central, PICC or J) as his IV's have all blown and attempts to place a new IV have proven difficult. Our prayers and love are certainly with them as they have been since the very beginning! Reminds me of how blessed we are with Jonathan and how precious every moment truly is!

TGIF my friends - It's FRIDAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment