Monday, April 20, 2009

A Weekend To Remember

It's no secret that Josh and I went away this past weekend to Portland. What many may not know is that we attended a Family Life Today conference titled, A Weekend To Remember. We were both hesitant to attend, unsure of what the conference would hold but within the first few minutes we both knew that was where we were supposed to be. Over 400 christian couples (married and engaged), sitting in one room, for 48 hours all discussing the same thing...the divine purpose and creation of marriage.The speakers were dynamic - both veteran husbands (and a wife) as well as parents to grown adults and/or teenagers. The topics relevant - Unlocking the secret to marriage, how to wow, we fight too, how marriages thrive, and leaving a legacy to name a few. We will definitely be attending in the future and highly recommend it to anyone and everyone - we enjoyed it that much!

It was back to the daily grind once we got back home Sunday evening. Josh went back into his 8p-6a rotation and I agreed to work Monday and Tuesday this week....yes, during vacation. Wednesday Jonathan is having pictures taken at Bernie's for a charity benefit and then we're doing lunch with my best friend Ryan. I hear the weather is not supposed to be too terribly exciting for the remainder of the week so I'm not 100% sure of what is in store for Jonathan and I (as Josh is working).

I want to pop in a little side note about little Stellan. You may remember me talking a bit about him a few weeks ago - a very precious, strong willed baby fighting a really tough fight. He is from MN but has since been transported to Boston's Children's Hospital and will undergo very risky heart surgery tomorrow morning. I will be praying and I invite you, if you feel so inclined, to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment