Monday, April 6, 2009

When did...

...Jonathan get so big!!


I sat there last night, after he had gone to bed, attempting to update his photo album. Looking back, only a few months, to where I had left off, he's changed so much! I was looking at pictures from Loralie's wedding (May 2008) and pictures from just this past weekend.........OH MY GOODNESS what changes!! I've seen it in other children, between the ages of 1 and 2 is when their features change and the go from baby looks to big kid looks.

I'll never forget when my best friend Ryan's oldest daughter first used the potty - she cried, oh did Ryan cry. Her little girl had become a big girl. I thought to myself, why cry over something so wonderful, it's a big step for a little person, celebrate. But now that I'm there (almost there) I too find myself having little moments of joy for him growing up and becoming independent and sadness that he's no longer primarily dependant upon me (and Josh too).

Days and weeks go by so fast these days. I long for what little summer vacation I will have to stay home and just play with the little man. He's become so very expressive and independent, right down to the little tantrums that he's starting to through - it's comical and frustrating all in the same breath. You just never know how he's going to react, do, or say (even if he still has a small vocabulary).

No comments:

Post a Comment