Sunday, August 9, 2009

Playing House

It's no secret that Josh and I are in search of buying a home. We've had our eyes on a few different places but for one reason or another they haven't worked out for us. Recently we've explored the options of placing a pre-fab on a piece of land. We've looked at a few different things locally and went down to Ellsworth Saturday to check out a few more. We've found what we like but there's negotiation that still needs to take place. Let's home my phone call tomorrow is a promising one!

We had hamburgers tonight and ate at the picnic tables as the weather was beautiful! Jonathan, who has been going through a picky eater phase, decided he doesn't like cheeseburgers. Mama had a brilliant idea to offer him some ketchup to dip it in and BOY OH BOY did that do the trick! In this picture Jonathan attempts to get more ketchup from his cup!!

Tomorrow begins another work week. I'm sure it's not radiant but can you sense the sarcasm? I'm enjoying work right now, it's pretty low key, but that will all come to an end next week when the teachers arrive - love you teachers :) I was just a bit spoiled this summer only having to work 1/2 days and spending LOTS of time with little man. GOSH sending him to daycare these days is hard. Doesn't help that we're noticing more and more that he's growing up so quick.

Lastly I have a good friend, Eliza, who's father needs LOTS of prayers! Soon after church she called me and this is all I know thus far - once church commenced she had 3 missed calls from her grandparents. Her grandmother is ill so she was assuming it was regarding her but shockingly it was her father. Apparently, from what I could understand, her father was at a hospital and in need of emergency brain surgery. She said they wouldn't let her talk to him nor would they explain what was going on, just that she get there soon. Thankfully "there" is only a few hours away but I'm sure it was the longest couple of hours of her life. At 7:00pm I was told that he was stable but again I know NO specifics. If you could please pray for them, all the family, I know she would be most appreciative!

No comments:

Post a Comment