This picture, however, was taken after the dishes experiment. Jonathan has found a new love....his piggy bank. The downside is that the piggy doesn't, can't, and won't get fed every night and someone (aka: Jonathan) isn't happy about that. The kid likes to play with money, what can I say?! :o) Odd as it is I like to capture moments like this. I think he's cute in all those shrieks and tears! I'm happy to report that the melt down, like every other, didn't last very long. He's quick to redirect.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Clean and Simple
I forgot I had agreed to attend a meeting after school today so I didn't get home until late, 5:30 pm. By this time Jonathan had already had dinner and was itching to play. Josh headed out to play hockey and I attempted to do the dishes. Without warning I hear the pitter patter of running feet that return with a step stool - Jonathan was going to wash dishes with me. I admit, I had to let my guard down and allow for some fun time as Jonathan plus water equals mess, and in the end it was a memorable experience. Of course I was focused on cleaning the dishes and Jonathan was focused on throwing the soap bubbles. Either way everyone was happy! If only I could let my OCD and compulsive need to stay dry and clean go perhaps we'd have more fun in this house - partly sarcastic and partly serious. Jonathan's teaching me to stay fun as much as I'm teaching him structure :o)
This picture, however, was taken after the dishes experiment. Jonathan has found a new love....his piggy bank. The downside is that the piggy doesn't, can't, and won't get fed every night and someone (aka: Jonathan) isn't happy about that. The kid likes to play with money, what can I say?! :o) Odd as it is I like to capture moments like this. I think he's cute in all those shrieks and tears! I'm happy to report that the melt down, like every other, didn't last very long. He's quick to redirect.
This picture, however, was taken after the dishes experiment. Jonathan has found a new love....his piggy bank. The downside is that the piggy doesn't, can't, and won't get fed every night and someone (aka: Jonathan) isn't happy about that. The kid likes to play with money, what can I say?! :o) Odd as it is I like to capture moments like this. I think he's cute in all those shrieks and tears! I'm happy to report that the melt down, like every other, didn't last very long. He's quick to redirect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment