Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Thoughts

As I sit here with Jonathan in bed and Josh at work, a hundred and one thoughts flutter through my mind. I'm reminded of Christmases past and the memories that I will carry with me forever. I'm reminded of Christmases present that are wonderful and yet so drastically different than those I remember. And lastly I'm reminded of Christmases in the near future that will involve two precious babes with even more differences than today's celebrations.

This time of year, Christmas Eve especially, I become sentimental. I long for the days of old when Christmas seemed simple (my childhood) and relish in the days of present when Christmas seems beautiful. Though Christmas traditions have changed and my husband works an odd, crazy, never convenient rotating shift I am still amazed at how truly blessed I am. As a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter....I couldn't be happier to celebrate with those I love and those who make my life spectacular!

"Glory to God in the highest,
and on Earth peace,
good will toward men"

(Luke 2:14).

No comments:

Post a Comment