Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Day Of Play

Today has been a great day full of play! I called out sick at work to stay home with Jonathan and we've been having a blast despite the fact that he woke up at 5:30am. My mom works nights so we got our stuff together and went out to her house early for breakfast. We were home for Jonathan's morning nap (which was a bit earlier than usual- 9:30am) and to my delightful surprise he slept until 11:30am!!

Sometime after lunch I decided to make a Halloween cake for Youth Group tonight and to occupy Jonathan's attention I dug out one of our favorite, most wonderful toys - 1 metal bowl and spoon!

I would almost put money on the fact that he's going to be a drummer when he grows up. He is amazed when Pastor Sprague plays them at Praise Team practice.

Every now and then we had to take a break and taste test the spoon.
Nope - no frosting for Jonathan!

At some point Jonathan decided it was just as much fun to chew on the spoon and pat with his hands!!

It's days like today that I miss being home and wish I were able to on a daily basis! I miss the morning naps, the PBS shows, the lunchtime messes, and the afternoons to play and be a kid - I miss it all!

1 comment:

  1. It is a priceless thing to have. I wouldn't give it for anything in the world! We look forward to seeing the little man tomorrow! =)

    ReplyDelete