That's right folks, Jonathan is finally beginning to talk! Today was about the fifth time I've heard him say "mmmmm mama" since Sunday morning. Every time I've heard him talk he's been crawling on the floor and when he gets to my feet and attempts to get in my lap he lets out a "mmmmm mama". Josh finally heard it for himself tonight when we were packing up from Praise Team practice. He was a bit pessimistic to think that Jonathan really did say mama before dada but it seems to be true. I'm excited but I think I'll be even more excited when he says mama and it's obvious that he knows what he's saying.
I picked Jonathan up early from Nimi's house this afternoon (the girls went to get their flu shots) so I took this opportunity to get Jonathan's wrist looked at by his doctor. He's had a fairly large raised bump on his wrist area for a little over a week now and before that he had one on his foot that has since disappeared but it is still discolored. Might I add that Jonathan was a HAM at the doctors office. Laughing, playing, chatting - I was shocked because his appointment was in the middle of his afternoon nap, but he did great. The final verdict was that our doctor could not 100% determine what Jonathan's bump is. He's calling and treating it as if it were Impetigo. Impetigo is a bacterial skin infection that is typically very contagious and common in children. Jonathan only shows a few characteristics but what sets him apart is that his redness was starting to spread and the doctor was concerned that perhaps cellulitis was beginning to set in. End of story, Jonathan's been put on an oral antibiotic (4 times a day) and we're collectively keeping him from Nimi and the kids for at least a 24 hour period. Our doctor didn't think he was contagious considering I've been touching it several times a day and have yet to contract it, however with Nimi being pregnant and the kids being little who would want to take that chance.
It should be an interesting Wednesday. Josh is still on his 8pm to 6am rotation so he'll be "attempting" to sleep while Jonathan and I are home all day. Perhaps we'll kill some time by going to visit my mom in the morning, otherwise it's a PJ day for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment