Monday, October 27, 2008

Vacation

May 2006 Josh and I set off on an adventure to Key West, Florida. We had heard of what a wonderful, relaxing destination it was but had yet to realize it's full potential. Over a weeks time we spent 2 days in Miami, 2 days in Key West, and 2 days in Ft. Lauderdale. We had such a great time that we vowed we would make Key West our annual "couples" vacation.

March 2007 we were able to spend the entire week in Key West and this time with several of our close friends. Of course, as many know, this was the vacation in which Josh proposed to me. Key West will forever hold a special place in my heart!

This past April we tossed around the idea of going on vacation, but reality quickly set in considering Jonathan was only 5 months old. I couldn't have left him if I tried!! Now, with next year quickly approaching we've been talking about an April 2009 vacation. At first, with gas prices and our bank account, my initial reaction was that it was absolutely not going to happen. But with some coaxing and cabin fever soon to set in I'm beginning to warm up to the idea. There's no doubt that leaving Jonathan will be very difficult for me to do, but I think it might be necessary in maintaining my sanity. The sun and the sand, the warm breeze and the calm waters....is it April yet? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment