Sunday, October 26, 2008

Are you seroius?

I really can't believe that tomorrow is Monday....again! I honestly can say that since having Jonathan the weeks and weekends seem to FLY by and I don't like that once bit. Today was just as busy, if not busier than yesterday. Of course there was the normal Sunday routine of Bagel Shop for breakfast, church until noon and then home for Jonathan to nap. Once I got Jonathan down for a nap I headed over to Hermon High School for a benefit Basket Bingo. This was a really important event for me to attend and I was very thankful that my mom was able to watch Jonathan for me. All of the money raised from the Bingo went towards the Katie Vashon Scholarship fund. Katie was a friend of mine from high school who unexpectedly passed away three years ago. It was really great to see so many people out honoring Katie and donating for such a good cause. I'm sad to report that I didn't win any baskets. I didn't even come close.

Lacey J came over sometime mid-afternoon to carve pumpkins and I was so excited for this. Note to self, if you purchased your pumpkin in advance, always check to make sure it is still in good condition because ours was not carving material. Needless to say I didn't carve any pumpkins but I did get to watch Lacey carve hers, which was just as much fun! It all worked out in the end since Jonathan was awake the entire time. At least we were able to keep Miss Lacey in stitches while she carved. Jonathan is one funny boy. At one point I was laying on my back on the floor and he would come up, pinch my side and I'd yelp because his little fingers hurt. He'd just smile, laugh and continue to beat on me! The best was when he thought it would be funny to pull my shirt up over my head. I'd pull it back down and he'd just laugh like it was a game! We played this for at least 10 minutes. He is his father's son for sure - what a spit fire!!

The washer just finished so I suppose I should get up and start to get things ready for tomorrow. I still need to pack Jonathan's lunch and diaper bags before I forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment