Saturday, November 22, 2008

Destruct-O!

We've always known that Mr. Man (Jonathan) was a tornado waiting to be let loose but lately we're learning just how destructive he is (all in good fun)! As I've mentioned in previous blogs the kiddo really enjoys the utensils in the kitchen drawers - especially the metal measuring cups which has since mysteriously gone missing. We have dents in the front of the drawer to prove just how much he enjoys them! His semi-newest thing is to grab a hold of an item - ottoman, rocking horse, crib rail, highchair tray - and rattle it really hard. He tenses right up when he does this. Something about making things move fast is enjoyable to him. Interestingly enough he wasn't phased when I took his soft Tonka bus and rolled it across the living room floor into the wall - didn't even flinch. The absolute newest thing is to take the door off of his new music table. I'm not joking when I say, I no sooner put the door on and he's right behind me to take it off...and it's not that easy to take off either.

Between the two front orange objects should be a GREEN door....
Notice the GREEN door in his right hand!


Regardless of how much the kid likes to bang, tackle, grab, and shake we still love him to pieces! I have to admit, it probably doesn't help that both Joshua and I roughhouse with him! I was laying on the floor tonight playing with him and as he approached my left side I would grab him and roll him over to the other side. He'd then crawl up to my right side and I'd grab him and roll the other way. He thought this was the greatest! Not to mention when he screeches (happy screeches) we do it back! Sometimes I wonder who's the parent and who's the child! We're probably not setting a good example but we have fun and that's the most important part!

One year ago today it was Thanksgiving day and we were welcoming home our little bundle of joy! I can't believe 365 days have already come and gone! What sweet, fantastic memories we have had and more wonderful memories there are to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment