Last night we went out to dinner with Nana and Papa Gunn for Josh's birthday. It was questionable as to whether or not Jonathan would be able to sit through the entire meal without wanting to get down and play, but luckily he had taken a 2 hour nap about 30 minutes prior to and was a ham as always. We've hit the point where going out to dinner is sometimes a surprise. Jonathan is never bad so-to-speak, he's just not always willing to sit in the high chair and cooperate - he's too social. I wonder who it gets that from! I did get in trouble a wee bit as I attempted to surprise Josh with an ice cream cake at the restaurant. There was no singing or hoopla, as I knew I would most definitely be in trouble for this, but having just the cake got me some dirty looks. Josh doesn't like being the center of attention so he wasn't a happy camper, but once the cake was cut and all was said and done he was grateful for the celebration.
Jonathan seems have gotten back into his routine sleeping schedule - knock on wood. By the time we got home from dinner and got ready for bed it was pushing 8 pm. He slept until 6:30 am and woke up as happy as a pig in mud! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wish I could stay home and play with him all day! I miss him bunches!
Josh left this morning for training at the Police Academy in Vassalboro and he'll return late Wednesday night. He's made plans to stay with Joe and Kristen in Waterville which is nice because he hasn't seen them since they moved down there this summer. Hopefully they have a good time catching up.
Joe does the MIA thing very well! =) Glad they could catch up while Josh is down that way! I'm sure they'll have a good time!
ReplyDelete