Though there wasn't much planned, we were still pretty busy. Jonathan spent the night at Nana and Papa Gunn's house Saturday night allowing Josh and I to go out to dinner and sleep in on Sunday. An opportunity like this happens once in a blue moon and though we love Jonathan and we love spending time with him, it was really nice to regroup and recharge. Only a mommy would appreciate the fact that sleeping in meant 7:30 am which is much better than the usual 6 am. Sunday was spent doing the usual - groceries, laundry, and watching some football.
Tonight I got my first glimpse at how wonderful Christmas is through the eyes of a child. Josh had a hockey game at 7 pm so it was just Jonathan and I until bedtime and I swear, that little boy gets sweeter and sweeter as the days roll by. I had the TV on the Grinch Who Stole Christmas (cartoon version) and Jonathan sat mesmerized in my lap on the floor by the music and characters. It was just so precious! I can't wait for more Christmas movies, putting up the tree, and everything else that comes along with the holiday season!!
No comments:
Post a Comment