I am utterly flabbergasted to think that Christmas is ONE WEEK from today! Holy moly where did the last few months go? Before having Jonathan, we were bouncing from place to place on Christmas day until our heads were spinning trying to visit everyone. Last year, since Jonathan was only a month old and was asleep more than he was awake, we still bounced from home to home visiting family but the list was much shorter than years prior. This year both Josh and I, as difficult as it was, have made it very clear to everyone that we are staying home Christmas morning. Not because we don't want to see people but because we want to enjoy the day and have it as peaceful and relaxing as possible. As the years go on we're hoping to have more little ones which means more to transport and more to pack ultimately meaning we're staying home!
This week Jonathan has had a few minor episodes of separation anxiety when I head off to work. He seems to do fine if I bend over and give him kisses bye-bye but if I pick him up he doesn't want to be put down and it's all over from there. This morning he was preoccupied by breakfast which made for an easy escape. He's a silly monkey indeed!
No comments:
Post a Comment