Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hanging On

I'm patently waiting for Josh and I to have an opportunity to go laptop shopping. We researched having ours fixed but having been quoted $400 to replace the motherboard we both agreed that a new laptop is in order. There seem to be some pretty decent deals right now so I'm sure we'll find something that works well with our budget.

I'm settling back into work after having almost two weeks of vacation - Thank You Winter Break! It was nice being home for so long, spending time with Joshua and Jonathan but at the same time it has been nice to return to work. Cabin fever was beginning to set in.

On January 4th a small group of us from church decided to start a 20-week weight loss challenge. I'm hopefully that over the next 20 weeks that I'm able to shed 20+ lbs - sounds possible. Thus far things seem to be working in my favor. Ultimately I'd like to join a local gym and get some cardio time but our work schedules don't seem to help much. Josh is pretty supportive so I'm in hopes to make a schedule out within the next few days.

We've experienced yet another bump in the wonderful world of childcare. The young lady that we had hired on moved back to the Portland area over Christmas thus leaving us with a pretty large gap in childcare. Luckily my cousin and a family friend are able to help us out over the next week and a half. Daycare will reopen January 20th and I'm hopeful that we'll be able to regain a stable routine.

Word on the street is that there may not be school on Thursday. There is supposedly a significant storm moving in Wednesday afternoon and spreading into Thursday. We'll just have to wait and see what the days bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment