Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Wednesday Ramble
Busy as usual - that's how things have been in the Gunn household these days. We still have to pay for daycare over vacation so Jonathan's been going for the first half of the day allowing me go to the gym, shower, and pick up the house. Josh has been working so the evenings have been pretty uneventful. Jonathan and I went down to church last night for an impromptu mission trip meeting where we worked out some more fundraising ideas. Tonight is youth group and then tomorrow Josh and I are headed to Moosehead for 4 days and 3 nights. Thanks to the pending snow storm we've been told that our original cabin reservation needs to be changed. Apparently, even though we live in Maine, certain cabins are unaccessable during a snow storm. Makes no sense to me but at least they have other cabins for us to choose from. At any rate we're leaving tomorrow, in or after the snow storm, for a mini-vacation. Mr. Man will be having his own mini-vacation at Nana and Papa's house. I know he'll be A-OK and I know that everything will be fine but I'm still a wee bit nervous to leave him for 4 days! We've been away for the night before but we've always been back within 24 hours. I suffer from mama-guilt have you noticed? Taking and making time for myself and my husband is difficult for me when it means taking time away from the little one. I'm getting better at this, really I am. It was a struggle to take him to daycare this week (since I'm on vacation) but he's perfectly fine, I get to go to the gym (something I don't generally get to do), and errands get done that are difficult to do when you have a 14-month old in tow. They never said parenting was easy - it's a balancing act for all of us involved, that's for sure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those 4 days will be very rejuvinating for you! We went to St. Lucia last April for a full week and the first couple days we didn't know what to do with our free time having been kid-oriented for a few years. Just relax and enjoy yourself! No need to be guilty! It's not that you're neglecting him anyway! You definitely need to make time for your husband and wife relationship!
ReplyDelete