Thursday, February 5, 2009
Youth Group Fundraiser
Many of you are well aware that Josh and I are leaders for the youth group at our church (Columbia Street Baptist). The senior high youth group has a missions trip to Washington, D.C in the works for July - 8 kiddos will be attending the youth conference, DCLA, and from there we will hook up with City Gate, an urban ministry D.C. As part of the fundraising efforts the group is selling cookbooks. These books contain up to 200 recipes of some of the best-kept secrets from within the congregation and trust me, some family recipe secrets are being revealed! As part of our sales effort, I had written up a press release and sent it to 4 of the area newspapers. Unannounced to us, an article was published and Miss Lacey and I started recieving calls this morning for orders!! For those interested, the article is in the Bangor Daily News section B-4, Joni Averil's column. I've been typing the recipes since the New Year and man are they awesome! I am very anxious to make some myself! If anyone is interested in ordering a book (or two), you know where to find me :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment