Friday, March 13, 2009

It's the little things

It's the little things that seem to amuse Josh and I as parents. Take for example Jonathan's 15 month check up at the doctors office yesterday. There always seems to be a great amount of anticipation, for me at least in terms of Jonathan's height/weight. I'm always anxious to hear the numbers regardless of the reason for his visit. I guess when I think about it more some might find it odd that I am anxious to hear my child's height/weight, I'm not obsessive, it's just that as a parent your child is growing and developing and it's an exciting time to see ALL of the changes. At any rate at 15 months and 3 weeks Jonathan's height is 2'9" and his weight is 28.7 lbs. This puts him in the 90th percentile for both height and weight. Looking at who his parents are would you have guessed any different? Developmentally he's on schedule. They say he should be saying 3-5 words, and he is, their just not words like ball or dog, their mama, dada, and papa. I'm not worried about any of this. He looks for dropped or missing objects, he can feed himself, he's been on a cup since he turned 1, he's been climbing stairs since before he could walk, he's walking (almost running), he knows civil commands....he's fine. The only slight problem that we can see are his eyes. He has strabismus (crossed/lazy eye) in his left eye but we've known this and he sees the eye doctor every 6 months. He could easily out grow it or he might need intervention (eye patch, glasses, surgery). I had to have ALL of the above when I was a toddler so it's not too surprising. Either way his vision is fine, it's just a small cosmetic feature that can be corrected. Health wise the kids doing well. He did have his last round of immunizations (3 total) but the upside is that he won't need any more until he turns 4! ::phew::

Otherwise Josh and I are both excited that the weekend has finally arrived. He just got done working his 4p-2a rotation and I've had a very long week at work with Wednesday being a very late night thanks to 9th grade registrations. Tonight we're going to dinner with Nana ana Papa Gunn, Saturday Josh is working overtime 6a-4p and Sunday we're having lunch with Miss Loralie (Josh's cousin) who arrives TODAY from North Dakota! I'll be happy when April vacation arrives, but that's not for another 5 weeks...but who's counting!!

Happy Friday!!

1 comment:

  1. He really doesn't have to have any more immunizations until he's 4? Maddy had to have some at her 2 year check up just recently. There is one immunization and I can't remember the name that is low in supply that they're giving to only newborns/babies and not toddlers. Lucky little boy to not need anymore until he's 4 though!

    ReplyDelete