Now more than ever have I been reminded of how quickly life can change, without warning, and how precious our time here on Earth truly is.
As many have probably heard, according to the media, 3 police officers were killed and 1 is still on life support in Oakland, CA. Everything appeared to be routine for the officers until the gunman took off on foot and the search party began. This unfortunate event reminded me of how lucky I am that my husband and father of our son has returned home from work every night. Lately he has been involved in some very serious situations - arranging and executing drug deals, safely pulling over and arresting some of Hampden's finest, participating in an early morning high speed chase, tending to overdosed teenagers and searching for a missing teenager. Need I say more?! I feel so blessed to have him safe and sound each and everyday that he goes off to work.
As I was reading the newspaper this evening tears flowed down my face as I read about the unfortunate death of a local 20-month old. My heart aches with sadness!
Lastly, there's a beautiful little boy, Stellan, who needs lots of love and prayers right now, as does his family. He and his family have been through so much and life just turned around on them once more. He's a proven fighter but right now he's very ill. Long story short he is suffering from super ventral tachycardia (extremely fast heart rhythm). If you are interested you can read more about his condition and progress on their family blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment