Today was Maine Maple Sunday so what better way to spend the day then by visiting
Nutkin Knoll Farms in Newburgh. I've been to various farms in the past and seen the process of making maple syrup but haven't done so for several years, so Jonathan and I (along with several other family members - daddy was sleeping) ventured off to see everything up close and personal.
(check out those boots - their PENGUINS!) I wasn't totally impressed by the visit, but at the same time it was a fun way to spend a few hours on a semi-sunny, spring day. I say semi-sunny because for those who live in Maine you're all well aware of how
often the weather changes. Today, I kid you not, it would be sunny one minute and snow showers the next. At least the temperature stayed pretty consistent and there wasn't much wind. Back to the topic, maple syrup.

We viewed the sugar shack, took a stroll out into the woods to view the sap buckets, pet the horse, and sampled some fresh maple syrup over ice cream. All and all it was pretty neat. I'm hopeful that we can continue this for years to come as a fun thing that we do as a family. Hopefully next year Josh's schedule will allow for him to be in attendance .
No comments:
Post a Comment