Saturday, May 9, 2009
Motherhood
Tonight Jonathan and I treated my mom to a pre-mother's day dinner. While we were out I was reminded that tonight is also prom night for the Greater Bangor area. Of course it was a nostalgic moment as I was taken back 9 years ago to my own prom and I am oh so very thankful that those days are in the past never to return again. But beyond the nostalgia, revealing dresses, crisp tuxedos, and long limos I fast forwarded about 17 years and pictured Jonathan all dressed up and heading out the door. Thankfully we were in public so the moment didn't last very long as I was easily distracted, but as I write this post I well up with tears. It's amazing to me at how much being a mother changes an individual, on so many different levels. Being a mother changes you from the tips of your toes to the top of your nose. We're continuously involved from day one and forever want what is best for them. We miss them when they are away and we crave their sweet smell. We can never get enough cuddles and long for hugs after any type of separation - moments or days. Interestingly enough tomorrow is mother's day and I'm reminded, in this very instance, of how thankful I am, for all of the mothers in my life. For all of the kindness, support, and love that they offer. If only I can be half the mama they are!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment