Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Goodbye Summer Vacation

Tomorrow starts the beginning of an end...Summer Vacation. You see, Thursday and Friday are workshops days for my school. I've been working most of the month but now I have to be at work by 7:30a and I have to stay until 3:30p and kids, the kids are soon to return! I've already had a few wonderful encounters with students/parents/staff so I'm anxious to see what the few weeks of school bring. I'm already scheduled for my first senior parent meeting during Open House. I'm not a fan of speaking in public but it will take me a few times to get back into the swing of things. I did fine at Messalonskee, I think!

Thankfully tomorrow marks day 3 of no bite marks for Jonathan. We're pretty excited about this. I went to check out a new daycare this afternoon but left wondering what the right decision was. Josh says wait until it happens again and then pull him but we can't guarantee there will be room in this other daycare whenever that happens. I'm not for taking chances but I also liked the layout and structure of where Jonathan is at currently. I just don't like no one seeing him being bit. Did I mention it broke the skin? Yeah, not a fan of biting. Daycare drama!

Still making small purchases for the house and making little to no progress on the packing :)

1 comment:

  1. Summer went by so fast didn't it?! Coming from someone who worked in a daycare the biting thing happens... I'm sure they're trying to keep a closer eye on the situation to figure out who bit him and to watch that child. I know once you know who the biter is it's easier to keep it under control. Unfortunately it's a perfectly normal developmental thing at this age... the child who's doing it will grow out of it eventually and all will be easy again until the next thing comes along. There's always something right?! Good luck though I know it can't be easy to wonder from day to day if it's going to happen again! I'm not a big fan of biting either!

    On another note every time I check your blog a gray box pops up asking for a username and password in regards to twitter... don't really know what that's all about.. just wanted to let you know. =)

    ReplyDelete