Sunday, September 13, 2009

Becoming His Own Person

Over the past few weeks Mr. Jonathan has been becoming more and more independent.

Lately he's gone from allowing me to feed him (clean) to insisting that he feed himself (messy).

He's gone from patiently sitting in the high chair (restrained) to insisting that he sit in the booster chair, at the table (contained).

He's gone from being a big boy and using a sippy cup (dry) to enjoying the opportunity to drink in a real cup (wet).

Jonathan has added a few new signs to his database. He's always been proficient at more but now he's added dog and please. He may not talk but at least we're communicating some. I'm trying to teach him help but he insists on yelling when he's in need of assistance instead of asking nicely. I know he's not a genius but a mama can hope can't she?! :)

He's become a bit more vocal confidently saying papa and choo-choo. He's also added tractor, dog, and dirty (all needing some articulation) and Friday when I picked him up at daycare I heard "that mama" as he pointed at me walking in the door.

How can someone grow up so fast? This is just the beginning. Perhaps it's time to think of giving him a playmate?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment