As Jonathan quickly approaches 2 years I begin wondering when the right time to potty train is. He dislikes having his diaper changed immensely however he is not one to notify us when he is wet/dirty. Since moving into the new house a few events have taken place that lead me to wonder...are we getting closer? On roughly 6 different occasions we've put Jonathan done to bed (either nap time or bedtime) and he's very cooperative, like usual, but within 5 minutes you hear "knock, knock, knock". The little man gets out of bed and knocks on his door to get our attention. The first couple of times he did this, I admit I thought it was just something new for him and calmly asked him, from outside his room, to get back into bedtime and go night night, which he again, graciously did. Another few minutes would pass and he'd be up again "knock, knock, knock". This time we'd go in and check on him only to find he had pooped! Now it's just a known fact, Jonathan will knock to tell us he's pooped. He doesn't tell us any other time but he obviously doesn't enjoy sleeping with a poopy diaper and I for one don't blame him. Then there is bath time. For the third morning in a row he's taken a bath which results in him pooping in the bathtub. I'm beginning to think the potty needs to make an appearance before nap/bed/bath time. I'm most definitely not an expert but it's beginning to look like he's showing some signs of readiness.
Today is Josh's 27th birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY OFFICER GUNN! Too bad he has to work. I hope for his sake he's busy and the night goes by fast. I'm not exactly sure when we'll be celebrating his birthday as Thurs/Fri I have parent teacher conferences and Fri/Sat he's at camp to go hunting. Maybe he'll catch a deer this year....I won't hold my breathe or say a prayer :)
H1N1 update: 7 confirmed cases at school and 47 students absent today!! Keeping hydrated and praying we're all spared!!
I say now is a good time to introduce it casually and take your time with it. If he's interested he'll show you and if he's not he'll be resistant. Both the girls were VERY different potty training. Lainey was ready and indicated that by being willing to sit to sit on the potty and stay dry/clean. Maddy however resisted a lot and needed it to be her idea (which there are tricky ways to do this). Good luck!
ReplyDelete