Jonathan attempted daycare this morning. He woke up with a slight fever, nothing Tylenol didn't cure, but by noon I received a call that his temp was 102.8. We're approaching day 5 of a fever and I'm started to getting a little frustrated. As noted on Tuesday Jonathan was fever free and our PCP was highly suspicious of H1N1. I called our PCP out of desperation this afternoon and the nurse practitioner conversed with Jonathan's doc once more only to say that he truly suspects H1N1 given the high, stubborn fever and says that we should see it disappear within the next day. The high fevers are lasting 3-5 days in children. He's eating and drinking moderately so that's a good thing. If his fever persists throughout the weekend we'll book another doc appointment for Monday. If he develops difficulty breathing or a cough, obviously we'll take him to the ER. Needless to say I love parenting but the sickness part (especially this) is taxing, not to mention deeply concerning.
Here's to hoping tomorrows a fever-free day.
No comments:
Post a Comment