Today has been the longest day ever!! I'm exaggerating a bit but I am exhausted. I took two days off from work but spent a great amount of today doing some online training. The agreement was I do the training in exchange for one sick day back. How could I refuse? :)
Onto the real topic at hand, Jonathan's follow up appointment. I don't need to say he was awesome because as you guessed it, he was. Basically his eyes look as good as can be expected. They still turn in a bit when he focused on objects up close but are perfectly straight when focusing on objects in the distance. As I said yesterday, before surgery his eye(s) turned 17-18 degrees and when Jonathan is focusing up close they now turn about 10 degrees. This is a good start. Basically between now and his 5 week check up (Feb. 10), in combination with glasses, we're hopeful that his eyes will strengthen and continue to grow strong. We're not totally out of the clear. In the next 5 days he's still at risk for infection (odds 1:10,000) and in the next 12 days he's at risk for his eye muscles slipping (odds 1:5,000). He needs antibiotic/steroid drops 3 times daily and avoid activities such as sand boxes, glitter, pool time.
Here's hoping tomorrow's a successful day at daycare with few falls and bouncy balls against the head :)
No comments:
Post a Comment