Today Jon, Lacey and myself ventured up to Dovah (aka: Dover-Foxcroft) for the Whoopie Pie Festival. Oh boy was it yummy! We were up and at 'em bright and early so we could participate in the 3K walk run. I am so proud of myself for actually following through with the race. I've been trying to get up the nerve to do small races but I'm just too chicken. Thanks to Lacey I did the race and finished with time to spare. I'm not telling my time but I was pretty proud of it and that's all that matters. I'm looking forward to running the 4th of July road race. After the race we headed to the festivities - whoppie pie sampling, bounce house, free milk....who could ask for anything more? We saw all kinds of whoppie varieties - pumpkin, raspberry, peanut butter, almond, coffee, red velvet, oatmeal, lemon - I'm wishing I had bought one for tonight to snack on :) Once we left the festival the day events carried over to Peaks Kenny State Park where we went swimming. What a great day, great memories, and great fun!
Where was Josh during all of this excitement? Well, he was white water rafting for Joe's bachelor party. Yup, the boys went on an overnight sleepover to bond before Joe and Kristen say "I DO". I hear they had a blast and that their all safe and accounted for so that's a relief. Let summer begin - we have 5 weddings in 3 months!!
Peaks Kenny is great! We loved it there and plan to go back since it's such a short drive from Bangor!
ReplyDelete