As much as he pushes my buttons and as much as he makes my heart race, I just can't get enough of my little man. He's forever making me smile, forever making me be an authoritative figure, forever making me slow down, and forever making my heart melt. There's no doubt that most days, which are actually small moments in time, I feel like I'm being pushed against the wall and tested beyond belief, but the reality is I have more awesome days and amazing moments with Jonathan than I know. Isn't it sad that the bad seems to overshadow the good sometimes. I have to step back and remind myself that I am truly blessed and these are the best days of our lives.
Tonight I took Jon to the B1 inter-church unity concert sponsored by Compassion International and lead by Grant Norsworthy. It was a great night of worship and inspiration. Jonathan was more than perfect through the 2 hour event and was mesmerized by the drums. It melts my heart to see him so intrigued by this musical instrument. Call me crazy but if he's not destined to be a musician I'll be shocked. If you know Jon than you know what I mean. I just can't express the little moments throughout the night where he'd look at me, smile, and turn back to watch in aw the event that was taking place. It was just wonderful.
I am at peace.
Reminding yourself that you are blessed and pushing past those tough moments is hard sometimes but it's always important that we remember that the reasons that kids test and push limits are because they are trying to discover their world and learn limitations. There's always more positive than negative if you take a moment to step back from frustrating situations.
ReplyDelete