After being observed for a little over 24 hours at the Labor and Delivery department, I was finally released to go home! Amen!! Earlier in the morning there was talk about me staying a few more nights and I was not a happy camper, but thankfully, in the end the babe and my body was behaving themselves and everything worked out wonderfully. My nursing staff was FABULOUS and made my difficult stay as relaxing as possible.
My restrictions are complete bed rest as they were before. Allowed to use the bathroom, shower, make a quick meal (cereal, sandwich, etc) and other than that lying down. I was given permission to drive Jonathan to daycare so this will be a huge help. I'm going to try this and see how I feel.
I was prescribed the nifedipine to take every six hours if I have 4 or more contractions in a hour segment. So far so good. I had a few moments tonight where I wasn't feeling 100% and thought "Oh now, here we go again" but with some patience and prayer everything has been settled quite a bit. I'll call into my OB this morning for a check in and possibly be seen. Otherwise I'm just trying to take it easy, which is difficult but doable now more than ever.
Thankfully we have had more than an outpouring of love and support from so many different family members and friends. I think we need stock in thank you cards!! From meals to doing dishes, laundry, and just someone to talk with, it had been unbelievable and we can't thank you enough. These next few weeks (hopefully at least 4) are going to be long but in the end worth every moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment