Sunday, March 6, 2011

Oh What A Night

That title reminds me of the song by the Four Seasons

Where to begin....as I write this I can hear a newborn baby cry (not my own)! This is better than hearing mom scream (not me)!!

The long and short of everything is that I ended up calling my OB for some advice on some symptoms and she requested that I come into the hospital to be assessed. I knew that would happen even before I called. Basically, I'm still 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated so there are no dramatic changes...thank goodness. I was however having contractions which made the doctors uneasy so they started me on 10 mg of Nifedipine and then administered another 10 mg an hour later. I could notice the changes even though the contractions were never truly unbearable. I was started on an IV of fluids to help with dehydration and am currently finishing my 2nd bag right now. And just as precaution I was given a shot of beta methazone to help her lungs develop if in the event that I do deliver her early.

Somewhere along the way I was told that I would stay overnight for observations. That was most definitely not on my agenda of things to do and not at all what I ever expected to hear. I trust that the doctors were concerned enough that they wanted to keep an eye on me rather than just send me home and as much of a pain it is to be here it's also good to know they are being proactive rather than retroactive.

So here I lay, in bed, in a room, with a view - no sarcasm intended. Things right now look really well. I was given another 10 mg of Nifedipine around 8p and things have not picked back up which is a good sign. Means the medicine is doing it's job. Sleep is over rated I have determined. At this rate I think I got 2 solid hours but won't get much more until after 3:30am because of the fetal monitor, another does of Nifedipine, and the 2nd shot of beta methazone.

Thankfully we have a wonderful support team of family and friends and are so very blessed and couldn't do any of this without them!!

Oh, and I'm happy to report that Jonathan is feeling MUCH better. Thursday night he was super sick (8-10 times in 6 hours) but Friday woke up a completely different man. Total 360 degree change for the better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment