Friday, March 4, 2011

And so it goes...

Official medical leave and bed rest has begun. I was ordered yesterday to be home and do nothing but recline and lay down. Permission is granted to shower only. *sigh* With me being 50% effaced at this time and only 32 weeks and 5 days the doctor is worried with me working and moving that she'll come too early, too soon. Thankfully we've made it this far and we're talking 30 some odd weeks versus 20. That makes a huge difference in fetal development obviously. Bed rest is one of the hardest, most difficult things that I have had to do...and it hasn't even been 12 hours yet! My mind just won't stop racing with thoughts of work and home and everything in between. I was ordered to be on bed rest (with less restrictions) when I was pregnant with Jonathan on a Friday and he was born the following Tuesday. So we'll see how long the waiting game is actually played this time. Hopefully, for developmental purposes, she waits as long as she can, even though she knows I am one of the worlds most impatient people.

It wasn't 30 minutes after I talked with my doctor and co-workers that daycare called and said Jonathan was sick vomiting, so off I ran. What a HARD night it was for that little guy! I think from 2:30p-9:30 he was sick a total of 8 or 9 times, including once in the car (YUCK). He voluntarily asked to go to bed at 7p and right now appears to be doing well *knock on wood*.

When it rains it pours the saying goes. The thought trickled into my mind "what more can happen" and honestly, a lot more could be going wrong or happening so I'll take what I am given and make the most of it. I can't change things, I can't make things better (I can try), and I certainly don't have control over what will be. Patience is the theme of all of this news.

Good ol' patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment