What a wonderful vacation we just got back from. Jonathan, Jillian and I (along with my mom, sister, aunt, cousin and her daughter) packed up 2 vehicles Monday morning and headed for North Conway, NH. The agenda wasn't jam packed with attractions or events but we most definitely stayed busy. One long story short, we had made reservations at one hotel only to stay there the first night, pack up, and head to a cleaner, friendlier hotel the remainder of the stay. My personal opinion, I highly recommend the Red Jacket Resort in North Conway to anyone traveling with kids. Our room, because there were 4 adults, 2 kids, 1 teenager and 1 infant was spacious and best of all clean with a loft area. Outdoor pool area and the selling point, indoor water park - Kahuna Laguna. Tuesday we survived an entire day of heat and rides at Storyland and Wednesday we survived a full morning of shopping and afternoon of water play. Traveling with so many people can prove to be difficult at times but for the most part I think it was a great vacation family vacation. The kids (ages almost 6, almost 4, and 3 months) were, in my opinion, awesome. Sure they had their moments and yes it was hot but they were great and I think they really had a fun time. I know Jonathan asked me last night if we were heading to the water park today - HA HA did he not realize we drove 3 hours to get there?! Jonathan, newly potty trained did amazing. Only one accident the entire trip. I am so happy that the diaper stage is basically over and done with. He's still in pull-ups for naps and overnights. Jillian did great sleeping throughout the night the entire stay and minimal fussiness. She travels excellent in the car, just like Jonathan. Makes vacations easier. We are truly blessed with some great kids. I had a great time and can't wait to take the kids again when Jillian gets older. I'm hoping to download and post some pictures later tonight. As always, stay tuned...
Next on the agenda, unpacking and laundry because Jilli and I head for Michigan very, very early Tuesday morning. SO EXCITED to see my dear friend Lacey but SO NERVOUS to fly.
No comments:
Post a Comment