Sunday, January 11, 2009

Successful Sunday

Excuse me as I toot my own horn in this post but I am bursting at the seams with delight!

Today was the first weigh-in of our "Holy Heavy Weights" weight-loss competition at church. The weight loss challenge is a 20 week competition (Jan. 4-May 24) comprised of 7 of us (give or take). I went down 6 lbs from last week!! That means I'm 3/4 closer to my goal!! I wasn't the biggest weight loss of the group - Mr. Adam Kerns stole my thunder with a 9 lb loss thus leaving me to came in second - but hey, I'm 100% satisfied thus far. I have yet to sign up with a gym so this past week was solely on watching what I eat. I've focused really hard on not only calorie counting but portion control too. It's really easy to think we're eating a healthy portion when we're really eating for two, sometimes three or four. When I started the challenge I knew that I had to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet but other than that I thought I ate fairly well. When I looked a little harder it appears as if my portions were a bit off - not bad but apparently enough to make a difference.

My focus for this 2nd week is to actually find a gym, sign up, and work out! Sounds simple :)

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Holly! It's amazing when you start paying attention to everything at how much we are actually consuming when we aren't paying close attention! Back when I lost all that weight pre-pregnancy I was shocked at it! I look forward to being strict with my diet again. For now I'm not worrying about it... give me a few more months to pop this baby out and I'll be jumping on the health bandwagon again! I have some great aerobic dvds if it's easier for you to work out at home. They are Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. I've also heard great things about the P90x program... it's very intense though!

    ReplyDelete