I did it - I finally signed up at a gym. I decided to go with Snap Fitness because it's really close to home and that way there are NO excuses. For the longest time Josh and I had been members at USA Athletics in Bangor and I really liked it there. The monthly membership included a lot of different features plus they had childcare. The trek to Union Street, though it really isn't far, started to pose a problem when school started. At least this way I can go either before or after work and the ride home is short. I was really struggling with joining a gym again because of the small amount of time that I already have with Jonathan (and Josh too). When I sat down and thought real hard about it going to the gym will be a good thing and it's a good sacrifice to make. Shedding some of this weight and getting healthier will help improve my chances to spend more time with Jonathan, long term. I'm very anxious to get back into a routine, it's been a while. I've heard a lot of wonderful things about a podcast titled "Couch to 5k" so I downloaded that and thought I'd give that a try as well. It's a 10 week series designed to get non-runners in-shape and prepared to run 5k. I'll give more feedback after a few sessions.
Enough of me...Jonathan is getting his 11th tooth! The kiddo isn't walking or talking much but he can chow down with the best of 'em these days. This will make his 4th, 1st molar and thus far all seems to be well. No fevers, crankiness, or sleepless nights. Much like other milestones that we've been through we see ourselves as blessed in the teething department. He's home today and tomorrow with daddy. I was hoping it would warm up a bit so they could venture out in the snow but it looks as if the Arctic chill is going to be stuck with us for the remainder of the week! Right now the thermometer reads 3 degrees. I know it could be worse but 3 degrees is no fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment