Jonathan's birthday is quickly approaching and I spent a great amount of this weekend preparing for it. Though it doesn't sound like much, I made all of the invitations (some delivered, some awaiting the postman) and have laid out all of the plans for his train birthday cake! Oh man, I'm super excited!! We're not planning anything big, just the normal family gathering. It's hard to believe that on this coming Friday Mr. Jonathan will officially be 2 years old! He has grown into a 3 foot, 35 lb (I refuse to say monster because it really irks me when parents call their children monsters) bundle of energy!!
I'm starting to come around to the fact that perhaps he's a really stubborn child when it comes to talking. Most of you know that he hasn't been the most talkative child, lots of mumble and grumbles, but I think we're starting to turn the corner. Either that or he has me fooled. He's added to his list: sky, more, walk, up, down, football and baseball (though not terribly clear we understand). This morning he said "bye bye dada" which to some is nothing but it means he's grasping the two word concept. Like I said, I'm starting to come around but still not clearly convinced. His 2 year well child is on the 23rd so we'll, correction, I'll be talking lots with our PCP.
Bed awaits as tomorrows resumes the work week (boo hoo)...
I call Wes a "monster" but not in the bad sense of the word... simply because he's a 20 1/2 lb 7 month old! =) I don't like it when parents call their kids monsters when they refer to behaviors though. It could very well be he is delayed in the vocab dept because of his sight. He's focusing more on that then talking. Always good to keep any slight concerns in the forefront with pediatricians that way you can say you mentioned all of it before and they aren't like, "well you never mentioned this before...". Boys are also more likely to be slower with vocabulary... I'm not sure why but that's what they say. I'm so excited to see pictures of this train cake you're going to make!!! I'm getting excited about what to do for Maddy and Wes' birthdays!
ReplyDelete