First rule about being mommy, learn to be adaptable. Today was day one of my vacation and I was looking forward to cleaning the house now that Christmas has come and gone, however someone had different plans for me. Jonathan's fever has been back since Saturday morning. Early this morning He awoke with a 102.7 fever and it only took seconds for him to throw up his juice box and motrin. Basically today he's had minimal food/drink intake and output. He slept almost 3 hours at nap time and awoke with a 103.0 fever. His energy comes in spurts and his appetite is lacking. I did manage to call the PCP this afternoon and make a follow up appointment for Wednesday. When I go back and count the days, he has been sick with a fever for the past 17 of 28 days and cough for 15 of 28 days. From our PCP to walk in care to the ER no one has offered to run any type of testing or even think twice about his symptoms. I understand viral infections work their course and there's nothing to be done but we're talking fever of 99.0-103.0 for 17 different days...isn't that cause for concern? I'm not an MD or nurse and yes, he is my first child, but it's frustrating on so many different levels. Not to mention his eye surgery is schedule for a week from today. If he's not fever/cough free we'll have to reschedule.
Here's hoping to tomorrow being a better day!
1st child or not I'd be concerned if one of our children had a fever that often. Although he could also be picking things up because his immune system hasn't fully recuperated yet but either way I'd be concerned too. Good luck! I hope he feels better soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reassurance Nimi. Someone told me daycare was probably making him sick (reasonable) but he's been out the entire month basically because of the fever! OY - Hopefully tomorrow is a better day and regardless we have an appt on Wed.
ReplyDelete