Thursday, February 11, 2010
Now that was an experience
I love nothing more than to hear the two words "terrible two". What I love even more than that is to hear "oh two is nothing, three is where it's at". Seriously? Why do people have to rain on your parade and tell you such things? I know Jon is 2, 27 months to be exact, but I seriously do wonder sometimes why he does the things he does. At tonight's dinner party, Miss Meggie's birthday, Jonathan decided that he would not only play with her balloons but eventually in the end deflate them, every single one. Let's not hold too much sympathy for Miss Meggie because she is 22 :) I think I'm learning more and more every day why some people don't allow for their little ones to attend outings that begin at 6pm on a week night. Giving nana and papa kisses when we left was out of the question tonight, drama central. When we got home Jonathan was so exhausted he cried throughout the entire 5 minute bath and while I dried him off and while I got his pj's on and while I tucked him into bed. As soon as the door shut - silence. It's amazing how that works really. I am truly baffled because typically Jonathan is good until 8-8:30p max but for whatever reason he's just not making it much past 7p these days. Maybe I'm over dramatic but I like to think of it as realistic because the truth of the matter is a little one (regardless of age) is exhausting on so many levels. Is it sad that I couldn't help but chuckle while giving him his bath? He was the cutest form of pathetic while having his meltdown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know you don't want yet another person to say it but 3 really is worse than 2. It has been for each of our kids so far. I thought 2 was bad when we were experiencing it and then 3 hit. I think the reason why is that at 3 they know the limits.. they push them on purpose so it drives you more insane. Good luck! And it could very well be that his 2's will be worse than his 3's.
ReplyDelete