a sick babe? OY what a weekend. It's funny how on Thursday I was having a melt down about this crazy, busy weekend that we had planned and in reality we've done very little. It's always good to take it easy and slow down but it's never fun when it's because of illness.
We were able to attend Meagan's graduation brunch Saturday morning and had no idea of what was to come. When we put Jonathan down for his nap he had a slight fever and signs of a cold. Thinking nothing of it we gave him a small dose of Motrin and called it good. Three and a half hours later I woke him up only to find his eyes and nose full of mucus and his little body shivering uncontrollably. When Josh said he was concerned that's when I knew we should probably do something. Within moments we packed up and headed to WalkInCare. It never fails, as we were packing up Jonathan got sick and once again at the clinic. Thankfully one of the nurses recognized that Jonathan looked miserable and triaged him in the waiting room. It's funny how I can be so cool, calm, and collected until I see that his temp was 104.3! *sigh* Sure seeing him sick and not feeling well is enough to make anyone feel bad but when you see a temp that high you feel awful! Happily he got some medicine into him and his fever decreased to 101. Diagnosis....surprisingly, raging ear infection in the left ear. We had NO idea! He's such a tough kiddo, really. He never complains when he's sick which makes it hard to diagnosis and remedy.
Jonathan greeted me on this fine Mother's Day at 5:30am. Thus far we're making slow but steady progress. He wasn't able to keep the Zithromax down last night but has done well this morning. Fingers crossed that things continue to improve.
With all of this I say Happy Mother's Day to all of those mothers that I know and love. Each one is brilliant and amazing for all that they do, day in and day out, recognized and unrecognized. Being a mother is an amazing experience, it's a roller coaster ride, and there's nothing on this earth that could ever compare to the love and joy that a child can bring into your life. I'm honored to have such wonderful role models, especially my own mother, who has sacrificed and continues to sacrifice for my sister and I. I'm thankful to call her my mom and blessed to have other wonderful to look up to as well! God is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment