Thursday, July 8, 2010

Heat Wave

Temperatures have been on the high end ever since this past Saturday. It would appear as if the temps are finally starting to drop. We hope that you were all able to enjoy the 4th of July weekend where ever you were, soaring temps or not. I think with every year that goes by I get more and more patriotic. I spent much of Saturday searching for more flag decorations for outside of the house only to end up empty handed. Amazingly, surprisingly I found what I had been looking for today at the grocery store. What did you do to celebrate the holiday weekend? Josh and I both ran the Walter Hunt Memorial road race before the parade on Sunday. It was my first time, Josh's 4th I believe. As expected Josh placed 135 and I was 430-something out of 460 runners I believe. I shaved 6 minutes off my 3k time and wasn't last so I was pretty proud. Sometime after lunch we headed to camp (Sebec Lake) and stayed until Tuesday afternoon. Surprising to most I actually went swimming, it was that hot. I'm not a lake fan but I couldn't resist. The heat was too much to bare.
Jonathan has a check up a week from tomorrow with the eye doctors. We're hoping, fingers crossed, that his vision has improved (meaning lens change) and that his eyes are straighter. If for some reason there's no improvement we'll have to begin again with drops, patching, and/or possibly another surgery. I'm patiently and anxiously awaiting the appointment. Ah, who am I kidding, I'm impatient and wish it was tomorrow :)

On another Jonathan topic his speech is yet still improving. I love to listen to him pronounce new words and to hear the development of already spoken words. He's just the funniest little man. It's hard to be upset when he doesn't listen to what I ask when he responds with such comical responses. He's one funny boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment